Precision casting is a special casting method. The parts obtained through precision casting do not need to be machined again because it can obtain more accurate shape and higher casting accuracy.
The casting advantages of the precision casting process
1. The casting size precision is high and the surface roughness value is fine. The casting size precision can reach 4 - 6 grade, the surface roughness can reach 0.4 - 3.2 μ m, which can greatly reduce the casting finishing allowance, and can realize the zero-allowance manufacture and reduce the production cost.
2. It can be used to cast the castings with complex shapes or which are difficult to process by other methods. The overall size of castings can be from a few millimeters to thousands of millimeters. The thinnest wall thickness is 0.5mm. And the minimum bore diameter is less than 1.0 mm.
3. Alloy materials are not limited: such as carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, copper alloy, aluminum alloy，high temperature alloy, titanium alloy and precious metal, which all can be produced by precision casting. for alloy materials which are difficult to forge, weld and cut, especially are suitable for the precision casting method.
4. The production flexibility is high and the adaptability is strong. It can be used for mass production, and also for small batch or even single piece production.
The cooling process in the precision casting process
The process of precision casting is derived from the silica sol casting. It has a complete set of advanced equipment and material composition detector. The casting size precision is high, the surface finish is good, and it can reduce the mechanical treatment, save the material and the processing expense. Cooling is an important process in the machining.
1. During air cooling of alloy steel castings, they should be scattered in the dry place.
2. The work piece should be tempered in time after quenching. The time interval should not be more than 4 h, the carbon content of alloy steel castings used for the work piece ( carbon content ) is low. The shape of the work piece is simple.
3. The work piece can be cleaned, sub-zero treated or tempered after cooling to the room temperature.
4. The time interval between welding and subsequent heat treatment of the welding assembly composed of alloy steel castings should not exceed 4 hours.http://www.dmgcastings.com/